Hale Pawa'a Professional Building
Gary T. Blum M.D.
Hand, Elbow & Shoulder Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery, Pediatric Hand Surgery
Born and raised in Honolulu, Gary “Kiki” Takashiro Blum received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan with highest distinction and then returned home to the University of Hawai’i for medical school and his orthopedic surgery residency. He completed a one-year research fellowship while in his residency, and has presented his research at numerous local and national orthopedic meetings.
He then completed a one-year fellowship in Hand, Upper Extremity, and Reconstructive Microsurgery and an additional fellowship in Congenital Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas.
Dr. Blum has participated in international orthopedic outreach programs in Fiji, Samoa, Vietnam, and elsewhere. He has four children and enjoys hiking and trail running.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, Fellow
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Active Member
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certification in Surgery of the Hand
- American Medical Association, Lifetime Member