Hale Pawa'a Professional Building
Jay M. Marumoto M.D.
Sports Medicine, Advanced Arthroscopy, and Joint Replacement
Jay Marumoto, M.D. is Chief of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at the Queens Medical Center in Honolulu. He is board certified in orthopedic surgery and specialty-trained in advanced arthroscopic surgery & sports medicine. Dr. Marumoto completed this specialty training at the Southern California Orthopedic Institute, regarded as the premier center in the United States for innovative techniques in arthroscopic surgery. Dr. Marumoto also completed specialty training in reconstructive fracture surgery in Switzerland at the AO Institute’s Davos Hospital.
Dr. Marumoto is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Hawai’i. He has published medical research and lectures nationally on advanced reconstructive surgery and sports injuries. He holds memberships in America’s most prestigious orthopedic sports organizations, the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine and the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
Never far from sports, Dr. Marumoto has served as team doctor for the UH football team and men’s basketball team. He’s a local boy, born and raised in Honolulu, with a strong sense of community instilled in him by his grandfather, former Supreme Court Justice Masaji Marumoto, and his mother, retired State Representative Barbara Marumoto.
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Arthroscopic Surgery & Sports Medicine | Southern California Orthopedic Institute
- Reconstructive-Fracture Surgery | AO Institute | Davos, Switzerland
- Orthopedic Surgery | University of Hawaii
- Medical School | University of Hawaii
- Assistant Clinical Professor – Orthopedic Surgery, University of Hawaii
- Team Physician - University of Hawaii Football and Athletic Department
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Hawaii Orthopedic Association (President 2001)
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons